Program AssistantsPlease remember if you cannot do your scheduled time please find a replacement, the coaches and the skaters count on you to be there to help.
If you misplace your copy of the Program Assistant schedule, you can download a copy here (2011).
Please make sure you also check the club calendar for revised times for Canskate.
With winter session just around the corner we are currently taking names for those interested in being a PA (program assistant) for our 2013-2014 CANSKATE Season.
In order to apply to be a PA you must have been a Junior skater for no less than 1 year and be in Grade 6 or higher as of September 2013.
QUALITIES OF A GREAT PA:
- Good communicator & demonstrator
- Team player and a good role model
- Responsible & Organized
YOUR DUTIES AS A PA WILL BE:
1) Assist the coaching team with Canskaters at all levels.
2) Enhance program delivery.
3) Help skaters on & off the ice and clean up the ice.
4) Help with name tags.
5) Watch for safety (close doors, holes, skate laces, etc..).
6) Supervise your group.
7) Lead your group from station to station.
8) Help with lead warm-up, group activity and cool-down.
9) Demonstrate skills.
10) Be a role model for the skaters.
And most importantly, to Spread the joy of Skating!
If this sounds like you and you're interested in becoming a PA this year please send an email to the club ASAP!
We look forward to hearing from you.
Here our some photos of our volunteers learning how to help our Canskaters on the ice. Thank-you to all our volunteer program assistants who help make this program a success.